Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Local Festivals (Canadian Heritage)
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage – Local Festivals component provides funding to local groups for recurring festivals that present the work of local artists, artisans or heritage performers. This includes the celebration of LGBTQ2+ communities and Indigenous cultural celebrations.
Successful applicants may receive up to 100 per cent of eligible expenses up to a maximum of $200,000 for festivals that:
- present the work of local artists, artisans, or heritage performers;
- actively involve members of the local community; and
- are intended for and accessible to the general public.
When an application deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
- January 31 – for festivals starting between September 1 and December 31
- April 30 – for festivals starting between January 1 and June 30
- September 30 – for festivals starting between July 1 and August 31
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST/6:00pm AST