SAM Tour Readiness Program
A two-phase program of one-on-one mentorship sessions with a SAM Consultant for artists and arts organizations preparing their project for the touring market. You don’t have to be a SAM Client at this point!
Phase 1. Initial Assessment
The SAM Consultant and SAM Client evaluate the client’s existing capacity to tour.
Areas of assessment include:
- artistic quality
- production attributes
- organizational or individual client capacity
- production and technical supports
- promotional and marketing materials, including website
- show pricing
- tour history
The SAM Consultant identifies areas for development.
Phase 2. Tour Readiness Preparation
The SAM Consultant breaks down areas for development, for execution by the SAM Client. The SAM Consultant mentors the SAM Client throughout the work and with a series of one-on-one meetings.
The resultant materials may include and are not limited to:
- website and content
- technical rider
- electronic press kit (including written content, photos, videos, and existing media reviews)
- one-sheet handout promotional piece
- elevator pitch
- tour budget and show pricing
- identification of tour markets
The full, two-phase SAM Tour Readiness Program is available to eligible new and existing SAM Clients at a cost of $500 per project (plus tax and material costs, where applicable). For more information, and to register, please contact Bruce Klinger.